Friday, November 27, 2009

God given talent

Earlier this week i was listening to a radio interview of a famous boxer called "the rose of Soweto" and the interviewer commented to him that some people say that most boxers need to train to reach the level that this boxer had reached, whereas most people agree that this boxer just had a natural God-given boxing talent.

Since then I have become obsessed with what my God-given talent. Does everyone have one of those? What if i die having never found out what it is? How do i find out what it is? I'm consumed with finding out what it is, i'd hate to think that there's something that i can do without any effort (or with minimal effort) or i wouldn't the amount of effort required because i would enjoy so much.

I guess for me the overriding question right now is what is my God-given talent. I sure would like to know so that it just stops lying fallow.

Enjoy a good weekend to my one faithful reader

2 comments:

Yot said...

Amooti, how does one find out what their God-given talents are? This weekend I went to a nice retreat organized to finish a bible study book we had been looking at – in the course of the 12 week study we had done a ‘quiz’ to evaluate what our individual spiritual gifts are and something new came up for others, for others it was they had always known all along, for me, I am spiritually gifted in the areas of assisting and prayer and I cant quite remember what other things I got – the top 5, others got singing, mentoring, etc, etc. the point is, u need to find out by maybe taking a quiz or seeking to involve urself in areas in church that will show u ur strong areas…and thus ur spiritually gifts or talents I think…I must say my gift areas didn’t quite surprise me…I feel even in my working life I am always more comfortable in the support role…
I think we find out our God-given talents through trial and error. If you fail in one area, keep searching until you find something that you can master. It’s correct that not everyone is a gifted singer or a skilled public speaker. However, practice and persistence have an amazing ability to overcome any type of shortcomings. The most successful people in life are the ones who play with the hand that God has dealt them. Get busy serving the Lord in some capacity. In doing so, you will find out where your true talents lie and ultimately where you can best serve the Lord. Keep in mind, a day is coming when we will all stand before our almighty God & He will want to know how you have served Him with the talents, time, money, & resources entrusted to you. Be a good steward for our Lord Jesus Christ and ask Him daily how you can serve Him.
...hehehe good luck with the search...

Amo said...

Thanks for your insightful comment

 
What Amo wants - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords