Sunday, August 5, 2007

Who are you? And what have you done with the real me?

So it started with me starting to eat Weetbix...the bane of my growing up existence. I remember all the school mornings when i was forced to have it for breakfast and i thought for sure this was not my mother...i mean, which mother who loved her kids would force them to eat this drivel? Guess what, i now can't get enough of it.

Then came the juice. I remember all those days of orange squeezing which to me was the equivalent of some form of forced child labor in a chinese (no offense meant to them) sweat-shop. I swore i would never again squeeze another orange when we stopped making our own juice...that from then on, i would be an artificial juice kind of girl. Who knew that i would one day voluntarily start to make my own juice again...i certainly didn't!

I buy and cut my own sukuma voluntarily. Even people who live in Kenya no longer cut their own!!

Now, horror of horrors...i have started drinking oats porridge...heeeeelp..i mean, what's next? Making my own peanut butter??!!

Is this what happens, do we all turn into our mothers? Does this mean that i will one day find myself telling my child that i would beat them until they couldn't breathe?

2 comments:

gnovember said...

for real?
where is amongin coz this imposter is disgusting to say the least.YUCK! but to me it all changed when you went to Ma'hill and came back eating boiled eggs and loving every minute of it. Betrayal (NOTE: the big B on Betrayal)

maybe next time try any of the following:
1-get dodo and cook it
2-look for an empty shamba and start to grow maize and beans
3-cover the exercise book that you use for your violin praco
4-do your washing by hand on friday night in the bathroom
5-buy a machine and begin to make bed covers for self,friends and for sale

will add to the list as we go along

Amo said...

Ara ur a nutter for sheezy!!! i'm laughing my head off at #s 2 and 5 especially!!!

 
What Amo wants - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords