Saturday, April 14, 2007

Sick as a dog!

This is amongst the worst colds that I've had in a long while. My chest pains and my taste buds are totally gone. Will see how it goes by Monday. Imagine most private doctors here don't work on weekends. This place is really funny, even essential services are closed on the weekend. I doubt I will ever get used to that even two years later it still baffles me how any businesses in this country make money! Report at 9am, knock-off at 4-4.30pm, take numerous smoking brakes and a lunch break and various tea breaks…it baffles me.

In other news, Sylvia was fixed and I'm officially broke until the end of the month. They had to replace loads of things, but at least now she's starting much faster and that knocking metallic sound isn't there anymore. Another advantage with going to the dealer is that all their parts are guaranteed for a year or 20k km, so we all know where I will be if I hear even the funniest sound. Anyway, let me wait until tomorrow morning and see if the starting has really improved and she doesn't have a hard start any more.

This is another post from Word, it really is quite handy because it does actually spell-check and stuff. The only disadvantage, actually there are 2, firstly, the other day I also posted a photo but somehow it didn't appear, I think I just need to figure out how to do that because the functionality is there. Secondly, I can't leave my blog permanently registered on my work laptop because I don't want any of those people accidentally stumbling upon it.

Hope you are all having good weekends. I'm watching TV now, and its slim pickings I tell you, it's a choice between:

  • Local football (with the commentary in a local lingua!).
  • WWE wrestling - which I'm getting back into watching because of no other choice…I must admit I quite enjoy it once again…brings back memories of when I was obsessed with it. Right now I'm really looking forward to the "Battle of the Millionaires", between wrestlers fighting for Vince McMann and Donald Trump. Whoever's wrestler looses, will have his hair cut off. I know I'm just too sad. Imagine "The Undertaker" still wrestles; he must be the grand-daddy of them all, though I also saw Austin Powers. Ok, enough of that already.
  • World Cup Cricket – the bane of my existence. It comes on my favourite station, which also happens to be the most interesting station. Did you guys know that a cricket game can take a whole game? I mean they even stop for lunch I think! Who takes the whole day to sit in a stadium to watch and what do they do for/about work? Thank God, we are almost at the end. But they will probably have those nasty one day internationals as well. You should hear how excitedly the men at work discuss it.
  • Athletics – Again with a commentary in the local language.

Need I say more? Clearly, we all see how desperately I need cable TV. I hope I can be able to afford it soon. One the other hand maybe I should just not get it because God knows that will be the end of life as I know it, I will never leave the house again! Apparently MNet is planning to show Big Brother, Survivor and Pop Idols this year from around August. Wooo hoooo! By the way, did the free hour stop there also? Here it stopped from the beginning of this month I think, something to do with unfair advertising advantages or some such business jargon.

No comments:

 
What Amo wants - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords